Best Sippy Cup?

Ive Been Buying The Nuby Brand.
Well Theyre Cheap...
[and that doesnt just describe there price]
My Daughter Throws Them And The Lid Pops Open!
Plus The Rubber Tip Is Now Breaking!
I Also Tried The First Years And She Bites Those And The Spout Cracks...

kookiekayla

Asked by kookiekayla at 11:41 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It may be time to move to a harder spout and start breaking her of the cup throwing habit. I went through the same thing with my twins. I started using the cups with a hard spout and built in rubber valve (I hate the ones that have to be taken apart to be washed). As for the throwing, pick the cup up and say, "Uh Oh, so sad cup is going bye-bye. Bye-bye cup," and make sure she sees you put it in the refrigerator. After a week or two she will throw her cup a lot less. I really haven't found any cups that won't leak at all when they are thrown.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I loved the Gerber ones. No amount of throwing ever ended with a popped off lid and only once did the valve piece pop out. Replacement valves are also available at most grocery stores.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I used the gerber and playtex ones. They've been good. I did the nuby, but dd chewed threw them and we had them open now and again, too. I also got a set from Winn-Dixie that has elmo on it. no valve, works great. Dd's been gnawing on them and they are still strong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Ya, we use the nuby ones too and your right they only last a while and need to be replaced. I buy new ones every month or so. But their what my DD likes. My DD hates hard spout sippys. But I have never had a lid pop off or her chew through them. When cleaning them you have to mess with spout so much to get it clean, it wears it out faster and then if rips. That sucks! I dont know how old your child is, but mine is 18 months and loves the straw cups. She has been using them sice about 10 months. I get Munchkin, they asctualy just came out with a newer style that is better too. The old ones painted pictures would rub off, the new ones dont. You can order replacement straws on line too. But with these its best they dont just walk around all day with them, cause they can leak if the child turns it upside down and slams it down. Mine puts her on the coffee table. Good Luck!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Gerber makes some with out the stoppers in them that are spill proof they are really easy to clean and my kid loves the pictures on them
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 9:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009