do you find it strange when a gay person is deeply religious?

Not saying they shouldn't be allowed to be, but since the main reason people want to oppress "gay-rights" is based on religion why would you(as a gay person) want to be part of that?

(A lesbian friend of mine was just recently saved/found Jesus and all---and I thought it was odd..)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well i'm sure they believe as I do, that God's not a bigot
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i dont find it strange at all
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• But the bible spells out that homosexuals are to be punished... seriously it does. I could write references if asked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I find it hypocritical.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• WHY???......certainly not, .because when you belong to a church or religion you are told and taught not to judge...if a person is there to worship and they feel it will better their life who cares what their sexual orientation is? Who are we to judge? Have you never done ANYTHING in your life that you could be judged for?
    Anonymous

• People are also to be punished for PASSING JUDGMENT....am I right? Worry about yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• No sexual orientation & spirituality have no correlation. It is possible to dislike the way people are using a religion against you & still love the religion/spiritual system.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• No not at all... Being Gay and Loving God have nothing to do with one another!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I think it's weird too. But it's great if they've found a fellowship that's understanding and tolerant. Religion is very important to some people, so it's good that they can have it. Religion is the number 1 anti cause, but thankfully not ALL of them are like that. Now my ex girlfriend is weird! She's really conservative in every way and is one of those people who constantly uses religion to judge and condemn. But she's one of the gayest lesbians I've ever met! She's even anti gay. I don't listen to anything she says cause she doesn't practice ANYTHING she preaches. She's a very mean person in general.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Answered at 11:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 by: Anonymous
    But the bible spells out that homosexuals are to be punished... seriously it does. I could write references if asked.

That is your interpretation, but not that of all people. Other people are to be punished for their sins but are still allowed to be religious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2009