Diaper Bag?

Okay so I'm really picky on what I want my diaper bag to be; I go for the more plan looking black ones that have different colors in it, (nothing rainbow like but more like nutral colors) and well my mom, because this is her first grand`child keeps picking out ugly ass bags lol. I can't make my mind up on one because she says not too until the baby shower, but even then I'm def going to be grateful of the bags I get there if I do get one, but damn is it so bad for wanting to pick my own diaper bag out, and using that one lol. I'm pretty sure someone is going to give me a very cute one and I wont know what to do with myself, but I mean really :) lol. So where did you get your diaper bag from, and how did you finally choose? I want to choose based off the nursery which has MONKEYS :) but I cant find one :(

dorkish_face

Asked by dorkish_face at 11:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I found one at Wal-Mart and my mom bought it for me. I used it for about 6 months but now I just carry a really big tote bag.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I got mine at a shower. It's neutral and has a duck on it. It's big, and works well for overnight stays or taking the nebulizer to day care. I also got a small black one that works well. I use that one most. And I got 2 freebies from the hosp. and doc office. I used those for day care since they are insulted and I could bring in bottles that way.

I really didn't care what it looked like. It's functional.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I got mine at Babies R Us............it's black on the outside and baby blue on the inside. It says "Baby Sac" on the outside in baby blue stitching. It's simple but cute. And it was $14.99
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• have you looked into having one made for you? that's what I do. I sew personalized baby items and that way they get excatly what they want. Like my friend who just had a baby did FisherPrice Jungle theme and so I made her diaper bag, burp cloths, bibs, Bumper, diaper holder, etc all in the theme of her nursery. PM me if your interested. Just tell me what your looking for.
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• You could always register for the one you like and really REALLY hope someone will get it for you. I like the more plain types too, and I wanted one with the little changing pad, and a few pockets for organizing. Then I got this brown and pink polka dot tote type bag with no extras. I thought it would be a good back up bag or something, but when I looked to see how much a bag I wanted was ($30 or $40, I can't remember) I realized I'd rather just use the bag I liked but not loved instead of spending the money. Now I'm really grateful for the bag, but I'm hoping I can afford a new one with this next baby.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I got a nice once at Target. It's a SkipHop bag with lots of pockets for organizing stuff. It's plain, no cute animals or big flowers, but I didn't want "baby sweet".

There really is no "perfect bag". Some features are useful to some moms but not to others (built in insulated pocket for bottles, built in wipes dispenser). Some moms like putting their stuff in the bag too (so it's your purse as well) and some moms hate that.
    If you get one (or more) at your shower, use it. Note what you like about them and what you hate. As they wear out or you get to the point where you can't stand the bag, you'll have ideas of what to look for in your new bag.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• First off I love the theme you picked out..I am a monkey freak lol and have been for a long time. I got my first one from Babies R Us. I dont remeber how much it was. but it matched dd swing and pack and play. Which was Sheep.. and, when she was a little older we got one with the seamestreet cartic on it. because she loved elmo
    It is your baby and you are going to have the be the one to carrry the bag around 95% of the time. so you should be the one to like the bag. No one else is really going to care. If your mom wants to have a bag she can keep at her pace to keep packed with things she may need when she has the baby with her..then she can have one she likes.

If you want monkeys on the diaper bag you could always get the jugle or the zoo anmail theme from target or babies r us. they arent to out there and all over the place..and very cute!
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My daughter got a coach diaper bag from her grandma for her shower and we had bought her a L.A.M.B flap bag. She can use the lamb bag forever. At the moment she is going on hikes with us ( our gdaughter lives with us ) at 16 months and I prefer just a simple backpack to tote all her stuff. Macy's had the Lamb bags and the diaper bag came from a factory store in Fl. To me it is really about function.
    jjross

Answer by jjross at 12:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I didn't really want a "diaper" bag my grandma got me an aeropostle bag that's big enough to buy an insert thing with little pockets to turn it into a diaper bag. It's machine washable and drys fast and won't get that plastic diaper bag smell to it. If you want one with monkeys and neutral colors it would be easy enough to find a regular bag that has what you want.( I actually seen some monkey bags at Ross and TJ Maxx.. over by the purses.) I found a few insert things at bed bath and beyond I think they're meant for traveling but if anyone knows of any other places let me know. And cute theme!
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I didnt use a "diaper" bag, i got a really nice bag from a craft store..looks like an oversized purse..it was like 18 bucks...fits the WORLD in it.i use it for an overnight bag if that gives you an idea of the size..but it worked for me...it looked like something i could use for other things, but i filled it like Marry Poppins...i had EVERYTHING my son could ever need in that thing...diaper bags just didnt fit enough in them to me...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009