Where do we learn our values ?

I know the answer the Bible, but wiccans/pagans how do you know what is right or wrong? The Bible is the good news textbook to life, thank God He gave it to us to help guide us all the way and He promises to never leave us! Hebrews 13:5 ISA 40:8

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• While I look to the Bible to instruct me in God's ways and am teaching my children to do the same, I think that the significant adults in childhood influence the development of a child's moral compass. I am so thankful that we can look to God and not man for guidance.
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Most people learn their values from the adults in their life. They are instilled in us as we grow up.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i learned values from home. my mother and father are very open-minded and taught me to respect and not to judge anyone and respect and love mother nature.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I learned them from my parents and grandparents, a much more worthy source, IMO.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I'm an atheist. Many of our morals are instinct. If we didn't learn ANYTHING from our parents, most people would still not have it in them to intentionally hurt or kill someone for no reason. The rest we learn from parents and the rest of society....and for some people, religion. I don't agree with many religious morals, so I follow my own.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• yes but what are the values? Is anything clearly right or wrong to any of you? How do you know they are right, and where are these values source? Something made up or a source?
    Anonymous

• I am terrified of people who think they only have values because of the bible. Does that mean they'd be running around killing people without it?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• so it is a feeling for you?? this seams a little decieving to me as women and men can have their emotions played with.
    Anonymous

• It's kind of like an unwritten rule it think. Your parents teach you and thats just the way it is. Are you asking someone to write them down for you???
    tinaaly

Answer by tinaaly at 12:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• So are you syaing before the bible was written people had no values or morals? How arrogant of you...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2009