do you over-analyze commercials?

i do sometimes...like the irish dancer folgers commercial...why the hell would she grab the coffee cup from the bottom when it was just filled with hot coffee? lol

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do, it makes them more interesting, although sometimes even more annoying. I like to think of what they are saying but aren't saying. For example, the ads that say you can save up to $57 or whatever, they are being truthful if you save even a dollar. Or the ads that say that no other brand offers more- yeah... it means that their brand offers at most the same as others. Or the insurance that says that you can pick your price- true, but you get what you pay for.

Answer by Bmat at 12:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My husband does. There is a child abuse commercial that usually makes him really over think.
    Anonymous

• I notice odd stuff like that too. I really HATE annoying commercials. I have made a practice that if a business has an annoying commercial that I hate, I won't buy anything from there. Like that stupid Quizno's commercial where the oven is talking all sexy to that guy. That is the stupidest commercial so guess what I won't eat there. I know that sounds really weird and petty of me but like I said I really hate annoying and stupid commercials.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 12:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I do that with shows a movies too.. Like going down a dark Alley..Or why don't you turn on a light.

Answer by louise2 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i do all the time! my friend always tells me i over analyze things. but the one that drives me crazy is the starburst commercial..did you see the one where the're 2 guys standing next to a barrel of acid. one guy drops the starburst in the barrel and he goes after it and loses his arms and then the other guy puts his hand in there and loses his arm...ok if its dissolving your arms what the hell makes you think the starburst is at the bottom lols
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2009