Anybody have a loud 2 year old that constantly throws tantrums and also have a young infant, how do u handle it?

My two year old constantly throws tantrums & when he plays he loves to make loud noises & no matter how many times I tell him 2 stop, he keeps doing it. He disturbs my 4 month old, who is trying to get her rest. I keep my daughter in her swing in another room from him & he still disturbs her. Any advise????

luvmyangels3

Asked by luvmyangels3 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I try to explain when the baby is sleeping we need to be quiet. I have special toys he can only play iwth when the baby sleeps. and if he wants to play with the loud ones he has to go in his room and shut the door. My son is also 3 so he understand a little more and is easier to reason with, good luck. you can try a movie too!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Try to be a little understanding to it. Things have changed for him, he's adjusting and do things just so he can get that special attention even though it's negative attention. Start telling him to talk quiet and don't yell by showing him with your quiet soft tone when you are telling him. Explain the situation, he'll understand a little, and what he doesn't he will after a few times of going over it with him. Some of it is uncontrolable at this age, they like to be loud and they're not always going to remember that they need to be quiet for baby, even visiting adults forget.
    Anonymous

• try having him play in his room during baby's nap time
    Anonymous