what do some of u do to dig ur self out of the dump's of depression?

princess69-2009

Asked by princess69-2009 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Health

• Go outside in the sunshine. It sounds easy, but the sunlight is GREAT to help with depression. But you actually have to GO OUT INTO IT. Otherwise, I tell myself over and over again how lucky I am to have what I have and that it could be a whole lot worse.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I wonder this myself..lol..i get so lonely and depressed somedays...its so hot outside i dont have a car to take my son anywhere during the day...and no stroller to just walk around with him..im trying to keep my mind busy, started exercising again to lose some weight and get in shape..honestly that helped today, to just focus on ME nothing else!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• get some vitamin d from the sun. I also went to the health food store for some information and the owner said it could be an adrenal fatigue issue. I was feeling stressed and fatigued. i took some homeopathic medicine and I feel better. I also always put on music
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Exercise, get outside, put on some music & dance silly around my house (w/the blinds CLOSED, of course) lol. I know, its easier said than done! Head up & smile, sweetie!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 12:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It depends if I am just down in the dumps or if I am actually experiencing depression. If it is just the dumps, then I do things that make me happy, I may get a new book, go for a sinful treat, take a walk or sit by the lake and watch the waves or little kids enjoying splashing in the water. The sound of a little kids laughter just makes me smile no matter how upset I am. If I am actually depressed, I need meds and tend to get a few sessions of counseling to help me out of the depression.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009