have one ever had a 2 and a half year old get phnuemona?

it's scary and how long does it usually take to get better?

princess69-2009

Asked by princess69-2009 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Health

• Once my son started antibiotics, he was getting better within about 5 days. And yes it is VERY scarey!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My son got it when he was 1.5 years old. I don't remember if he got meds or not. It took about a month for him to get over it but that was slightly due to the fact that my husband had it too.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My lil brother was 2 and he didn't get better... he passed away 19 years ago and they really didn't have meds for babies then. I wish you the best. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Can't answer your question as neither of mine have had it. Just wanted to say I hope your lil one feels better soon!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 12:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My daughter had it coupled with RSV and was in the hospital for a couple days and then on breathing treatments. It's horrilble to see them that sick. Good luck
    twinmommy416

Answer by twinmommy416 at 6:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Yes, unfortunately it's quite common but fairly easily treated with IV antibiotics and nebulizer treatments.  Now if it's RSV http://www.cdc.gov/rsv/about/faq.html (which is viral vs. bacterial) like twinmommy416 mentioned, the symptoms are usually treated with nebulizers and Tylenol or ibuprofen for fever and it just has to run it's course.

Yes, the worst thing is to see our babies sick.  We feel so helpless.  I hope he gets better real soon!!  Keep us posted!

hugs

patience98

Answer by patience98 at 7:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my DD had it when she was 2 ( she is 17 now), she was in the hospital for about a week and was better in 2 weeks.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 7:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My daughter had it at 2 months old! I took her to the ER and they gave her breathing treatment after breathing treatment (about 10 back to back) and it cleared it out. She was still admitted to be watched for 2 days but the pneumonia was already cleared that night. Good luck, hang in there mommy.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my daughter is getting over it now. she is 5m they had her in hospital for 2 days then sent her home with 2 antibiotics. she still coughs bad sometimes but her lungs are clear. it has been 1wk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Not a 2 year old ..but my 9 year old had it 2 months ago. It sounded more scary than it was. There was only one day where she even seemed sick. The rest of the week she off playing and being her normal self. She did have a bad sore throat ...so I quickly learned how to make some great milkshakes lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2009