Garbage collection uggh!

First let me say I have the utmost respect for sanitation workers. It is a hot/cold smelly job and I would not want to do it. But WHY for the love of God must they leave the cans left laying on their sides in the middle of the road or blocking my driveway when they are done emptying them? I leave them at the curb, nicely, and make sure they are not too heavy etc. I don't understand why they can't at the least toss them on their sides up in the grass? Every week it seems like I have to chase cans down not too mention the neighbors who have to play dodge the garbage can just to drive down the street. These are my tax dollars at work? Doesn't anyone take pride in what they get paid for anymore? City workers here are well paid, don't work holidays, and have benefits and a pension. This is not some minimum wage job. Where is the pride in ones work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LMAO i thought about this alot when i lived in an apartment complex where we all had seperate cans..until i saw how fas these guys move..ive heard they get paid bonuses for how fast they finish..and a couple guys that worked my neighborhood carried trashcans to another street to meet the truck...it was an amazing thing to watch..(yes i have no life)...but if the bonus is true, then how your trash can lands doesnt matter to them because theyre in a hurry trying to make extra money!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Collection @ my last place was like yours...but here, they are WAY faster & still set the cans upside down, right where I left them. I think its b/c in most neighborhoods, they go up the street 1x w/1 worker getting the left side & another getting the right. Here, they go dwn the right side, circle around & go back up the left. Maybe its the design of this neighborhood in that its a way out kinda place...idk. But I feel ya!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 12:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009