how can i teach my 14 year old basic math concepts

she does not get the patterns of math she thinks every math question is a trick does not get the p0attern of numbers i need help!!!

jazzysgirl

Asked by jazzysgirl at 12:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• what do you mean by "patterns of numbers"?
    Anonymous

• what do you mean every math question is a trick?
    Anonymous

• I don't really understand what you mean by the pattern of number's, but I used the Quarter mile math program on the computer for my kids. It works for 1st grade on up through high school. It's just basic math drills. I think sylavan learning center is using that program. $25 a year
    Anonymous

• Ask this question in the Happy Homeschoolers group here on CM... and add more information & examples of where she is struggling. LOTS of moms over there with TONS of experience teaching kids of different levels with different learning styles.

It's probably just a matter of discovering what kind of learner she is... then it'll just click & fall into place.

G'luck!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Try the website www.math.com

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• These are concepts taught in the primary grades. You may want to consider finding a remedial math specialist.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2009