Why is the Wii not turning on??

Has anyone else had this problem? It happened to my BIL"s girlfriend too. We havent played it in a while, but it has still been plugged up. DH went to turn it on, and it wont come on at all. My BIL's girlfriends dad plugged it in to some kind of thing and made sure it was still receiving electricity, and after he did that it just came back on. We dont have one of those things, but is there anything else he could try to get it to work?

Cass052005

Asked by Cass052005 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Entertainment

• that happened to us once and we unplugged it and waited a minute it worked after
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• could it be the batteries in the conroller? Are you turning it on manually?
    Anonymous

• Yeah I know that with modems you unplug them and it power cycles them and that sometimes is all that it takes. Also with anonymous......I would turn it on by hand and not with the controllers. Lastly and worse it could be fried. My SIL's son kept flicking the surge box that they had theirs plugged into on and off and it fried it. Have you had power outages lately?
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• As the 1st poster said..unplug it .....wait a few...plug it back in. BUT, unplug everything from the Wii console. We've had this happen a few times. It should work. Also, even tho every thing we own is plugged into surge protectors....we still unplug the Wii during electrical storms. One of ours fried. Touchy lil consoles they are....but, way fun!

Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 5:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Call the nintendo helpline. It will be automated and you'll have to choose from options. But you'll get it fixed.
    Anonymous

• I actually got my info from Nintendo helpline.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 11:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Thanks! Can you find the number for the nintendo helpline on google?
    Cass052005

Answer by Cass052005 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2009