HOW CAN I GET MY 3 YR OLD TO EAT

MY 3 YR OLD DOES NOT WANT TO EAT I TRY TO FEED HIM EVERYTHING BUT DOES NOT WANT TO EAT

MS.VERONICA

Asked by MS.VERONICA at 12:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• does he like applesauce? i know my son wont eat porkchops but if i cut them up small and put them in a small bowl of applesause he chows dosent even realise theres porkchops mixed in. also my son likes mash potatoes mixed with something like hamburger, corn, peas, ham, and ceral with a sliced up banana and a lil milk. and my son will say he isent hungry but as soon as i eat he wants what i have so i share it with him ( even if he already has the same thing ) he might be growing from what i have HEARD they can lose appitites when there growing. dont worry he will eat soon. u can also try those kid drinks that have all the vitmans of a meal. like nutrasyetm but for kids. comes in choclate strawberry vinilla..good luck mama
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My son has gone and still is going though the same thing.. I have talked to his doctor about it and she says is normal. Alot of kids from 2 up lose appetites and they will gain all the weight they lose back. They get hungy some days and dont others. My son likes to drink alot though..I give him a pedasure every morning and night.. it has vitamins and nutrients. I also try to keep giving him foods... and so far he is still gaining weight and is healthy. I also try new foods.. fruits... just different things. Its very normal though and just a phase..nothing to worry about
    xbubblelicious

Answer by xbubblelicious at 9:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My son is this way too. He is also 3. He doesn't eat that much, so I try to give him lots of good things. He likes fruits, but not big on veggies. I will buy the Juicy Juice Harvest Surprise to drink with his lunch and supper. He still gets a cup of milk in the morning times and some times late in the evening. He will basically only eat chicken. At the last drs appt, they pricked his finger to test his whatever in his blood and he was fine. Nothing to worry about, he also gains enough weight. Just to be on the safe side, I give him the Spiderman Vitamins for kids. Atleast he gets vitamins in him that way. So, you're not alone.
    AsaGarrett

Answer by AsaGarrett at 1:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• All kids go through picky phases! Don't panic, don't feed him junk, or you will have a life-long picky eater. I promise that he won't starve. Keep offering a variety of healthy foods. Expect him to sit at the table during meals. The rule at our house is you try 3 bites of dinner, if you don't like it you get (yourself) toast with peanut butter & honey with an apple.
    Kids really like frozen foods: peas, blue berries, corn, etc.
    Kids love to dip: fruit & yogurt; veggies & hummus or salad dressing; whole wheat pasta & peanut or marinara sauce.
    I have a ton of healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly recipes. I can list some; contact me for recipes.
    Noodles & veggies with peanut sauce
    Veggie pot pie
    Lentil tacos
    Squashed macaroni
    Sweet potato & black bean burritos
    Sloppy jojos
    Veggie stew with dumplings
    Southwest falafel (bean patties with avocado sauce)
    Tofu "fish sticks" with sweet potato baked "fries"
    Tamale

Answer by rkoloms at 10:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Here is a fun and healthy treat you can make together: Dad's Sneaky Pudding
    Makes 2 servings
    This recipe was created by Earthsave International' s Chair of the Board of Directors, Louisville Lawyer and chef, John Borders.
    • 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
    • 1 banana
    • 1-2 tsp. carob or cocoa powder
    • 2 tsp. flaxseed oil
    • 3-5 Tbsp. nut butter (cashew or almond)
    • 2-3 Tbsp. orange juice or other healthy juice such as carrot juice
    • 2 Tbsp. fortified soymilk
    • 1/8-1/4 avocado
    Set your little companion up on a stool beside you, ready to toss in the ingredients and push the button. Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. This works best in a food processor; you might add a bit more juice or soymilk if you use a blender. Blend until smooth.

You can make a smoothie: froozen blueberries, frozen banana chunks, kale (lots of iron and calcium) o

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I started to let my 4 year old help me in the kitchen with stirring things or putting things in a bowl. Just letting him do simple things helped him to understand what different things I was cooking and he actually eats a lot better now. I also let him set the table to prepare for dinner. Good luck!
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2009