How do I get dirt out of my kiddie pool?

DD has a 250 gallon kiddie pool. Yesterday she was playing outside and DH let her get in the pool before washing her off. Obviously she was covered in dirt head to toe because the entire bottom of the pool is now brown because of all the dirt. I can't seem to get the dirt out because every time I try, it just mixes with the water and then I have dirty water...until it settles again and then the dirt is just at the bottom. We have a well, so I'm trying to do this without having to empty and then refill.

Any suggestions?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 12:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If it isn't too deep, perhaps you can take a towel, run it along the bottom, and catch up the dirt with it and dump it out.
    It's worth a try anyway before you dump all that water out.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• dump it and spray it out.
    Anonymous

• I think you are just going to have to bite your bullet and dump it out and spray it down. Use a foot bath next to the pool to rinse feet before anyone goes in. Hit you DH's reset button...slap to the head...and tell him not to put the kids in there full of dirt and sand. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• if u have a pool store near u can ask them..maybe theres a small vaccum u can buy to help it out.
    Anonymous

• Oohhh...I didn't think of that PrydferthMenyw! I'll try it that this evening. Thanks!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009