What do you make of this? Out of the blue...hmmm!

Why would my ss say this to his dad out of the blue he said something like why is that mom and her dh have decent jobs and recieving a child support check but yet they are always saying they have no money. But when I am over here you (dad) have a decent job and (Me, the stepmom) is not working but yet you are doing good for yourselfs.

Well for one they like to party and we don't we do family things...I am not sure what dh told him but I guess that is a good thing...I hope :)

What are your thoughts ladies...thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, I guess not knowing everyone's salaries, I can't really say. They may have "good jobs"-like teachers-but make crap money.
    Anonymous

• Kids are smarter than we give them credit for sometimes && they are paying attention even when we think they aren't.

My step-kids say some off-the-wall things like this to us sometimes too. They are more aware of their situations then we think they are.

I would take it as a good thing too. At least they can tell what's really going on.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• perhaps they are using the money for other things???? you can't really question that because i'm sure they won't admit or prove to you how they spend the money, what you and dh can do is countinue to show him good ethics, the value of money, and what a family is all about, also why not make arrangements for him to stay with you and hubby?
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 1:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• huh?
    Anonymous