c section

im being induced on monday but i am wondering how often are the chances for c section?? because i hear a lot of women that are induced end up getting emergency c sections and why?? also what is a c section like i have never had one before????

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 12:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lets see, i had a c-section because the cord was around my sons neck...his heart rate dropped with every contraction...i got drugged up...all you feel is pressure...i puked the whole time from the anestisia <-sp> anywhoo...after that i was in recovery for a LONG time, then they sent me to my room, gave me my son and that was about it...your really sore when you try to move for awhile..youll need some help when you go home...but its not toooo bad...you get some meds for the pain...if you wanna talk about it..you can PM me....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I induced myself, later that night was in labor. many hours later when the dr. came he helped out with some petocin. many hours later, I was still only 2 cm dilated. after the epidural my sons heart rate dropped after every contraction which is the main reason I had an emergency c section, but I'm sure being in labor for 10+ hours and only dilated 2 cm. was another reason lol.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• thats what happened with me, i was induced when i was 8 days over due and then was in labor for 28 hours and then had an emergency c section but it ended up being a good thing cuz he was too big and thats why he wasnt coming out.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• The risk is higher for a c-section with induction because being induced makes your cervix soften, dialation, water breaking and such come within hours not days like it naturally takes. Plus many times the pitocin causes you to have more freuquent and stronger contractions, which makes us want epidurals which can stall the labor process!

When I had the epidural with my induction my son's heartrate dropped as did my blood pressure and alarms and doctors/nurses were everywhere. It came down to it just NOT happening on it's own and the c-section was performed.

My c-section was fine, I had a spinal done on top of the epidural, so I felt NOTHING from the chest down. I was in recovery for two hours before being taken to my room, and I was walking the next day. We stayed in the hospital for two fulls days afterwards
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• You are going to allow an induction without doing any research first? how far along are you? Why do you feel you need the induction?
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Induction icreases your risk of a c-section by up to 50%

JUST SAY NO, and let your body and baby decide when to give birth.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• PLEASE don't! I was like this with my first baby too, you're just so eager to meet them but honestly you'll be so much happier letting your body go into labor on your own. It'll be such a great surprise. This time (since last time I ended up having an unwanted c-section), I'll wait till 42 weeks if I have to just to have the baby on my own. I'm trying really hard for a VBAC.

To me, not having a vaginal birth the first time, took away from the experience that I wanted. Please just do your research and trust me, you could use just a little more sleep before the little one arrives. They wake up like 3-4 times a night if I can remember right (maybe it's more).
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• About 50% of inductions end up in c-sections. If your induction is not for medical reasons i would never do it. It is best to let the baby come when it and your body are ready.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2009