Taking 16 month old to Yosemite for the week

I am looking for things to pack for our grandaughter so I dont forget anything. We will be at the meadow of El Cap for 4 days watching a friends climb. I got the usual stuff. Think of anything else?

jjross

Asked by jjross at 1:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Travel

• You'll want about 4 sippies (enought to have some clean, and have to alternate from juice or milk). a favorite (pacifer/blanket, whatever attachment they have). A Package of diapers and wipes. about 7 outfits and pjs. (they get dirty quick, you may also want a few nice outfits for special things like photos etc). Toys. Blankets, pillows. Be sure you have a stroller. about 2 pairs of shoes and a few pairs of socks. MILK.. Juice.. snacks (I love gerber snacks for my dd, very healthy too).. be sure to have tylenol and/ motron and benedryl for the just in case and basic first aid kit. a play pen for naps and/or bedtime. Make sure you have a map with all marked hospitals (in case of emergencies you don't want to have to wander to find one). and her pediatricians number on hand.
    a Camera (trips like this deserve lots of pics :)). Sunscreen. A bathing suit and flotation device if you plan on swimming with her. Hats.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• if you are going to be outdoors all day.. make sure to bring something for her to nap in/on.. and things to help her keep in the shade.. and plenty of water bottles. Other than that.. anything else you may need along the way you can probably stop at a store along the way to pick up as needed.
    have a great trip.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I have a jogging stroller and a pack n play, I have the aveno sunscrean although I havent tried it on her yet but their other products are great. I am also bringing the umbrella stroller for easier terrain.
    jjross

Answer by jjross at 2:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I'd bring a cooler so that you can store food and easily move it from your car into your room at night. You can't leave ANY food in your car overnight at Yosemite because of bears. Once you get into Yosemite, you can't easily run into a nearby city to pick things up, because there aren't any nearby. There are stores in the park, but they'll be expensive. Bring a thermometer along with the tylenol and motrin. Bring some insect repellent. A wide brimmed sun hat would be useful. Have fun! We took DD when she was 8 weeks old and had a great time.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009