Inflexible baby?

So my 16 week old girl has a set routine at night. She gets a bath and goes to bed at the same time every night (She still wakes up a lot, so don't go getting jealous:) Anyway the few times we have had to change this routine, she's freaked out and cried the whole time. For example, on Father's Day, we went out to dinner pretty close to her bedtime. It was with our extended family and we had to, but usually we never deter from this routine. Is it possible she's already set in her ways at such an early age? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's on a routine, but could she already be so inflexible? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes some kids do fine with change others have to have a routine.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Babies and toddlers LOVE their routines, it equals security to them. So it is absolutly possible that differing from that freaks her out alittle. Keep her on it as much as possible, but don't be afraid to change it every once in awhile when you don't have an option. As she gets older it will be easier and also good for her to learn how to handle a later night out etc. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Yea I think it is just her personality....My DD was the same from very early and sad to say is still that way. She is a year and half and goes to bed and wakes up approx the same time and has to nap in her own room at the same time. It makes for a bad day If we deviate from that. You'll get used to it just be thankful that you wont have any problems getting her on schedule for school or day care if you take her
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Some kids do better with scheduals and are more flexible. This may change as she gets older or get will get worse. Good luck!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009