What can you do?

My family lives 12 hours away I want to go visit along with my family but my mom and dh don't see eye to eye, so therefore I would have to go alone with our two kids, but yet my dh doesn't like the idea of us being on the long road alone. (I don't blame him) So then I check out the airlines and it will cost us 700.00 dollars roundtrip for the 3 of us and for 4 days. That is waaay too much what I have expected to spend....wah! I want to go see my mommy & daddy...just kidding I really do want to see them though my dad comes and visits and my mom she hates long trips she'd rather talk on the phone. I haven't been over there since 8 yrs. ago :(
What can I do ladies...I feel like I can't do anything about it, Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I would take my children and go see my Family. I have done that when my children were younger just take a cell phone with you even if you do not have minutes you can still use them to call 911 if you need to. that should make dh feel better. Some day are Parents are not going to be their for us to go see.
    sherry2031

Answer by sherry2031 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• can you meet half way? That's what my family does. See if there is some vacation spot or theme park where y'all could meet up and spend a couple of days together. That way it's not so hard on one person.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have driven twelve hours with my kids....If your husband can't or won't go, then he can't tell you he doesn't want you to do it alone! Get AAA and do most of your driving during the day.... I found it best to leave at about 3am and then you are half way there before breakfast! Also you have a good portion of the day left to visit once you arrive. I think you will be fine.....just make sure the tires are good, and the car is maintained.... the ride will be faster than you think if you do it at the hour I suggested! I would also recommend a book on tape or on cd to listen to for that first half of the trip before breakfast. The kids can sleep....you can listen and enjoy the trip! (you can get them at the library...and don't forget one for the return trip as well!)
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2009