Anybody been on the mini pill for a long time, & how effective has it been for you?

I've only been on it for 3 months, going on 4. My boyfriend & I just started having unprotected sex again cause were so nervous. I've heard this is the least effective BC. The only options I had for BC on my insurance while breastfding was this & the merena. I was to nervous to do mirena cause I heard a lot of women have cramping& bleeding, plus it can come out of place. I don't want anymore kids for at least 5 years. I wanted the implanon , but my Medicaid won't cover that.

luvmyangels3

Asked by luvmyangels3 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Health

• I know of at least four women who have a second kid thanks to the mini pill.

You have to be diligent about what time you take it. During ovulation, I'd stick to protected sex.
    Anonymous

• If you are BFing it is fine. I took it for 8 months while BFing my oldest without problem and I didn't always take it on time. But do make sure you take it at the same time everyday because that makes it more effective.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I am surprised that your insurance does not cover a diapham.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2009