Please let me know what you think about this?

If you have a daughter that is 16/17 years old. What is her curfew?

Would you let her go to the movies at around 12 midnight? (with friends)

In our home NO...just curious what you ladies think. :)
Curfew will be way before 12:00 midnight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• It completely depends on how much you trust her, what she is doing, who she is with, where she is going, how mature she is for her age? After all that, I would think between 10pm and 11pm.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Honestly...it depends...why so late? Is in a premiere or something? Is it a special movie that only plays at that time? And is she worthy of your trust?

At 16-17 I used to go every Saturday night to a local theatre to watch/participate in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. My mom knew my friends...dropped me off...picked me up... and she trusted me...I have always been very levelheaded and knew I would call at the first sign of trouble...we were very open.
    So it all depends on many factors.
    Anonymous

• midnight curfew..omg i had till 10pm maybe on a sat i had till 11pm but i had to be home at that time not 5 mins late. 16/17 still seems young to me to let them be out that late but thats jmo. im not there yet..dd age 12. so only time will tell might depend on the kids. responsable, grades, friends. hmmm. just thinking about it scares me lol.... god bless u lol.
    Anonymous

• Curfew is flexible in my house, I used to be such a hard ass on what I thought I would and wouldn't let my teens do :). But I am learning that not everything is so black and white. And not all of my teens have the exact same rules a lot of the rules are based on the individual child and thier personalities.

As rule curfew is 11-12 but I have allowed it to be later for certian events.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• 10
    Anonymous

• This depends on alot, if this is a group thing, not often, and they are responsable/trust worthy, a parent will be picking up/dropping off. i know here in michigan, movies premeres are at mid-night, so i would allow my child to go. this would not be an every weekend thing, i do think you have to give the kids a little room to breath, if you explain what you exspect and so on you will more then likely get better results for children
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 1:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• We have a almost 17 yr old. Most of the times her curfew is 9 on a school night and weekends 11:00 . Possibley later depending on the event or what the plans are. But we know who, where, on all of it.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My daughter is 17 and her curfew is 12:00 on weekends. If she is doing something special we may extend it to 12:30 but that's it. She is also a very very good kid whom I trust completely so....it's never really been an issue.

Week days during school her curfew is 9:30.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My 16 yo dd has to be home by 11 during the summer and 9 on a school night. If it is opening night for a big movie she can go, a parent usually is with them.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• 11 unless it is something very special...
    mxmtaylor

Answer by mxmtaylor at 5:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009