Protecting children by empowering parents.........

This is VERY scary and very REAL. If you support it, help do something about it.

http://www.parentalrights.org/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={81C1F260-4A9F-4013-8164-68A360E295A5}

DANGEROUS PRECEDENT
Parental rights are under attack in our nation, with the first threat originating from within the federal court system. As this story illustrates, a growing disregard for parental rights has been spreading within the courts of our nation.

Across the country, many judges are beginning to deny the vital role of parents in the lives of their children, instead inserting the government into a "parental" role in a child's life. This dangerous assertion is leading to the severance of the child-parent relationship in numerous instances across the nation—removals that cause unnecessary pain to both children and their parents.
Con't

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• A thirteen-year-old boy in Washington State was removed from his parents after he complained to school counselors that his parents took him to church too often. His school counselors had encouraged him to call Child Protective Services with his complaint, which led to his subsequent removal and placement in foster care. It was only after the parents agreed to a judge's requirement of less-frequent church attendance that they were able to recover their son.2
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• its nice how when cps needs to step in they dont....result bad injury or even death... but something so minor like church BAM they step in. i can understand investagateing things but thats it. if child in danger good remove but minor again church, or i dont like mas dinners back off. its just annoying its just so....arrrggghhh.
    Anonymous

• I hear ya! It's insane!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• that's dumb, i didn't like church either at 13... However, when my mother chucked a frying pan at my head, or a comb at my brothers, resulting in stitches for him and a goose egg lump for me, there was no cps there. We just learned to dodge mom when she was pissed and move on with our lives. I bet cps was to busy rescuing children from god to help me and my brother dodge flying objects.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• First of all, the story mentioned about about the 13 year old boy was an anecdote on the website from the president of the organization - there is no case history or fact to back up this story, including the decade in which it took place - so did it really happen would be my first question. Secondly, I've seen this website that uses standard scare tactics to make parents believe that extraordinary cases are becoming ordinary, while not giving the full details of the cases or facts or that parents right ARE protected by contitutional law and that the cases sited are NOT setting precedence but are instead quickly overturned. Talk about making mountains out of molehills...man...I hate scare tactics.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009