How do I make myself feel good about myself?

I was in a fire when I was younger.. I have scars nd something to help me breathe.

single_mama09

Asked by single_mama09 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• When you wake up in the morning or whenever you look at yourself in the mirror tell your self out loud "I am beautiful" you may even list off some of your favorite features. do that every day. Everybody has something about them that makes them feel insecure. I'm 22 and have gray hairs! and not just a few. quite a bit. I have a huge forhead and big front teeth. lol. there are other things i could mention too. ...
    But what i love about myself is my hair, and my eyes, and other things too. And that is what i try to focus on. And when i put on make up. that is what i try to draw out and bring attention too.
    You are a woman? Then you are beautiful!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Beauty is so much more about who we are on the inside than it is about how we look on the outside. I think it might help you to sit down and make a list of all your talents, abilities, and positive personality traits. Then maybe make another list of ways you could use those. Also, I am a big believer in making the most of whatever I have. I get up every morning and dress as though I am going out, even if I plan to stay home all day. I make sure that my heart is shining and clean, that I have my faced fixed, my teeth brushed, and my lipstick on. I always feel much better about myself than on the occasional day when I don't do those things and go around all day looking and feeling frumpy. The bonus of fixing myself up is that if I do have to make an emergency run to the store or someplace else, I am all ready to go and don't have to go out looking less than my best. So learn to love you and fix her up the best you can.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Have you been putting scar cream on your scars to help them diminish somehow any little bit helps. Or go get a make over in the mall believe me they make wonders for you.

Don't ever be hard on yourself you are beautiful if you don't do nothing about it to make you feel good then you will be down all of the time you have to do something to get something. I am sure you are not as bad as you say...if you think you do don't focus on it so much try to do something about it.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• There is beauty in everyone and everything. Sometimes it takes a while to find it but its there and when you do find it it will radiate to everyone else around you.
    jjross

Answer by jjross at 1:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Everyone has something that they struggle with, even if it doesn't look like it on the outside. As a consultant, I help women find a new look and learn how to take care of their skin. I find by taking care of the outside, you feel so much better on the inside. Even a change of lip gloss can do the trick.  PM me if you want a virtual makeover.  But it is really not just outer beauty, it is inner beauty. You are a survivor! You have gone through this for a reason, and I am sure it is to help other women survive too. You are strong and brave and I am sure you have a lot to give to others.

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 3:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Its so easy to tell yourself your beautiful the trick is to really believe it. Honey, we find flaws in everything! No matter how pretty we think or don't think you are.

I'm a firm believer that beauty starts from the inside. Insecure people ARE ugly. How can I say that? Look, when a person feels ugly, depressed, and not taking care of themselves it shows.

Beauty starts with how you take care of yourself, your attitude, your personality, then appearance. Its hard to convince someone something you don't believe yourself.

Scares, breathing equipment, medical equipment, missing parts, so what honey. So what. Love what you have, trach and all. Hugs
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 7:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Honestly... this is going to sound so dumb but before I was pregnant I started to work out... I was feeling really down on myself and a friend of mine finally got fed up with me and told me to put on some sweat pants we're going on a walk.
    I started out walking a mile one day then two... after a while I was running six of them...(believe me I'm not the working out type) But I felt good about myself.... and it gave me time to hang out with my friend or even clear my head. doing really small things like painting my toe nails... or doing my hair different made me feel better. and how I felt on the inside showed on my outside. I think that goes for anyone.
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 3:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2009