How do I know if I'm interacting/playing enough with my 5 mnth old?

I am a first-time mom, and it seems every book i read, or person i talk to says sthing different... if you don't interact enough, their "synapses won't connect"...others say you should let them have "'quiet time" where they learn to play on their own, too.....I constantly worry about any time I don't fully interact with my baby...what if he thinks I'm neglecting him? but, I dont want to "smother" him either....any advice?

mommy2bbear

Asked by mommy2bbear at 1:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I doubt you're neglecting him. I don't think you'd be asking a question like this if that were the case. I think that as long as your baby is healthy, happy, feels safe and secure, and is thriving then you are doing your job perfectly :0)
    Anonymous

• I feel the same way. My daughter is 5 months and every moment I'm not playing with her I worry I am not doing enough. I always think I should be reading her a book or something.....lol. Then I had a friend come over and say I pay too much attention to her. So who knows.....I think as long as we aren't plopping then down in front of the t.v. all day we are good :)
    AngJoline

Answer by AngJoline at 3:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2009