question about after having a vaginal birth

i just had my son 2 weeks ago. vaginal birth, first time, horrifying but totally worth it lol.. and i was wondering.. will my "j" go back to the way it was. i wont go into too much depth but it isnt the same.lol. and another thing.. i had to have stiches when will they fall out and when can i have sex again!!!??

want2bamommy780

Asked by want2bamommy780 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i wuld wait intill ur 6 week check up befor u have sex again...but i know i dodnt listen to my dr when they suggested i wait i waited 4 weeks i think...everything will go back to the way it was...at least mine did but i didnt tear or get cut do idk if i really answered ur question...id wait intill ur comfortable befor attempting sex again and i would use protection if u didnt want to end up preg right aways
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• When I had my children, all born vaginally, we were instructed to wait until after the six-week check-up so that everything had time to heal and I had been checked out and pronounced healed.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My dr said 4 weeks for sex, but i had a really easy delivery. some stiches dont know how many. some drs say 6 weeks. I would say whenever you are comefortable doing it agin. I know i had sex at 2 weeks afterwards. i had to take it rally easy and was on top so i could control it all. I know a lot of others have it earlier too. I dont know if it ever fully goes back to how it was prebaby, but it will go back to what its supposed to be like!! It jsut takes awhile. Rememebr what came out of it!! and the stiches will dissolve, i dont know how long it takes...you cna ask DH to look !
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My stitches started coming loose after about 1.5 weeks. HAHA funny story... I was peeing and I thought I saw a spider in the toilet, totally freaked out. Then I relized it was just one of the stitches that fell out. My doctor said wait atleast 4 weeks, but don't do it till you feel better. Like no pain sitting, standing, walking.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i had 2 stitches pushed out a 8lb 9oz baby drug free and had sex 10 days later fully healed no bleeding after day 8.. and after i stopped bleeding and felt good it was go time!
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 1:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My stitches were absorbed. I had sex after getting the OK from the doctor.

But I have no clue what a "j" is or what is normal for that.

Your VAGINA however will never completely return to the way it was. It will tighten back up with exercise and time, though.

Be careful! It is VERY easy to become pregnant right after delivery.
    Anonymous

• My doctor said to wait 6 weeks. We tried at four weeks, and it hurt, so we waited another 2 weeks before trying again. I didn't have to have any stitches, though.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• With my first I had stitches, but never knew when they came out. I also waited the full 6 weeks before having sex. This time I didn't need stitches so I may not wait that long. lol
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I know what your going through except for the stitches part...But I was wondering that too.
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Actually I had a child about 3 months ago with a vaginal delivery and I had sex after my stitches fell out and my husband said it's tighter than it was before, i know it sounds very wierd. But everything went back to normal and better!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009