bio and step children different sexes sharing room on access time

bio is sevenyr old boy,now three year old girl is placed in his room because of added soon new baby, boy goes eow. boy is not comfortable there to start with ,this adds more insult to injury for him. this has been ongoing for seven years. sm is disengaged, does not want bio around.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• im sorry he has to deal with this xo you would think they would try to move to a bigger place but better said then done. i know its diffrent in each state but i have heard its illagal to put a boy age 6 and up in a girls room to share. not sure if true only have heard. i have 3 girls 2 of the girls are my sd's but they get along and god forbid if there not in the same room. bu i also have a 3yr boy and he has his own room. so when our son was born we moved to a bigger place so there was space but i know my sd's bm moved in with a guy that had a son same age as my sd's and he had his son on eow when she had the girls and i made sure to say they shouldnt be sharing a room, also this son had his own room till dads girlfriend moved in with the girls so i felt bad for this boy because he lost his room over one weekend. and in turn the boy slept on his dads couch. which was unfair. but they did move 1 yr later to bigger home cont..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It doesn't make sense to me. Why can't whatever sex the baby is share with the sibling of the same sex? To me that would be the logical way to do things.
    Anonymous

• and now has his own room. anyways maybe u can call the town office and ask about the laws and talk to his dad and see if u can work something out. thats a tough one..i wish u and your son the best of luck...stay strong xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Cant the new baby sleep in your room? just until you get a bigger place? THAT is a HUGE age difference for him. Also boys at 7 dont want girls around..Cooties ;) lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i know in pa its illeagale for childeren of oppisit sex to share a room past the age of 5 i would check into ur state laws and make sure ur not going to get in trouble for a boy and girl sharing rooms together. besides with that far of a age gap its really not fair to the boy to be sharing a room with a little girl i would understand if he was just a year or tow but not 4 my dd and my ss are only 2 yrs apart and i wont let them share a room...my ss sleeps in my room on pads. we only have 2 rooms to fit everyone u just get use to liveing in tight quarters.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009