What denomination is Church of God?

Can it be any denom, or is it usually a certain one? I went to one as a kid.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• CAITXRAWKS what's your religion? cause you sure have alot of religious questions.

Anonymous

• I believe Church of God is the actual denomination of that particular church.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Perhaps I didn't understand your question. Just in case I didn't, Christian beliefs fall into 2 categories: 1) Catholic and 2) Protestant. Of those two, the Protestant beliefs are diverse and fall into denominations, one of which is Church of God.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My daughter took me to one when she was little, I remember alot of people were crying about their sins and passing around kleenex so I told her If I want to cry , I have my own kleenex at home and never returned.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It's possible she's just trying to find her spiritual self. I have not paid attention to who asks the questions I just answer the ones I know something about! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 1:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My father's people were Baptist. My mother's people were Pentecostal/Church of God. The first time I visited a Church of God service it terrified me. Now, not much shocks me. I can go anywhere I think God might be. Even if He's not there, it is interesting to me to check things out.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Church of God is a charismatic protestant denomination. I don't know much about them.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• The one I went to when I was younger called themselves pentecoastal. But, you know how that religious sect stuff goes. No two people believe the same thing, even from the same church!
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Church of God is the name of their own denomination if I am not mistaken. I believe they are more Pentecostal in their beliefs (which include some of the beliefs of the Baptist and Methodist theologies). Many actual "Pentecostal" individuals do not consider the Church of God to be TRUE Pentecostals because they do not adhere to the 4 basic tenents the same way "real" Pentecostals do. Both Church of God and Pentecostalism come out of Protestantism.

I am neither Pentecostal nor Church of God, so I could be mistaken.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Church of God churches are pentecostals. They also have varying teachings depending which Church of God you are speaking of. My dads church didn't have Sunday evening services so i used to go to with my friends family to their church which was Church of God.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2009