Do/did you save your nursery bedding and decorations? Or did you sell them and get new ones each time?

Its almost time to make a switch to a big boy bed and big boy themed room and I'm wondering if I should save his bedding and such or sell it and buy new themes for each kid? Thats what I want to do- sell it and get new themes for each child. (I'm NOT talking about cribs and furniture)

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sell it if you want to. Im saving my daughters set.But my 4 month old gets her own set also.I just want hem to have different things so they wont fight about it when they have children(if they decide to keep it or use it again)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• its really up to you im going to keep my it wont hurt to have it... my can be for both girls and boys....
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I got new ones for each kid. I had 2 boys first. One had a Stars and Moons yellow and blue nursery, the other had red and blue Nautical theme. Then last, I have a baby girl who has a Vintage Pink Roses nursery. I actually tried selling a set at a yardsale but it didn't sell. Most people want new stuff like that. Good luck and Congrats!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i got rid of everything as she outgrew it.. only want the one child so dont need the stuff stuck here lol
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 1:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My mom custom made the crib bumpers and curtains out of hard-to-find Paddington Bear material, so we saved them and used them on all 3 boys. My hubs and I had found quite a bit of Paddington items (crib mobile, sheets, wall decorations) and used them for each boy. Even though we are done having children I am still keeping the items as I don't think some of it would sell, and the rest I don't feel like 'giving' it away.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• That's why we stick with neutral things. We hang posters or something on the walls showing their current interests, but the theme thing? Too expensive.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I am going to keep my DD's whether I have more children or not. And if I have another girl, she will get new bedding!
    Anonymous

• I kept the same thing, teddy bears. I think it is more cost effective and my older son is happy to share (his brother isn't due for another month, so we'll see), but he is also 5. It will also work if we have a girl.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2009