Who do you think was out of line?

My LO is 11 months and he likes hair. He was grabbing at my dad's chest hair today, and my dad grabbed his head hair. I was in the other room and heard it. He had to have pulled it pretty hard because I heard him grunt and cry, then kept crying after that, like he quit once it quit hurting. I told him he was too young and didn't know any better, and he said "He's gotta' learn somehow." While that may be true, I told him he could have gave him a smack on the hand or something to get him to let loose. Plus, I really don't think he's old enough anyway. He's not of age to do it on purpose when he knows not to, he grabs at everything like that. My dad said he tried to get him to stop, but he didn't so he pulled his hair, but I know him enough to know that he probably did it out of anger. Anyway, he ended up getting really mad at me and telling me and calling me an idiot, b!tch and fighting about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Never mind the hair pulling or the baby. If he's calling you an idiot and a bitch, it's time for Dad to go home and not come back until he knows how to treat you correctly.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Your dad was out of line. That is wrong. At 11 months the baby doesn't associate him pulling something fuzzy on a chest to someone pulling something fuzzy on his head. He should have just slapped his hands and told him NO.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Sorry I stopped reading half way through. I would not allow dad back in your house, or you in his until you receive an apology. That is absurd.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I understand how you feel but your dad is right he is not going to learn unless giving the same medicine.

Once my child bite me so I bit him back and he never bits again (to no one)...Sometimes you have to do these things so they understand, kids are smater than you know. Just let it go you just pissed your dad off that is why he acted this way.
    Anonymous

• Sorry to say your dad is a complete ignorant idiot! An 11 month old baby has no clue right from wrong. IMO! I have a 1 year old and she does this to her Grampa. It makes him and her laugh. So if your DD would have punched or bit him he would have done it back? What a jerk!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• if thats how he is with you dont let him babysit. and he needs to leave and cool down. if 11mo wouldnt stop he needs to cover the hair up the baby would soon forget or do the hey were did it go. theres no need to pull a babys hair yes they will learn sooner or later but i agree still seems young.. what will he do when kid starts to bite? geeze...
    Anonymous

• Your dad is completely out of line do not listen to anon :51.

I assume you live with your dad? I'd get out asap.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• your dad was in the wrong
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Anon you are ignorant as well! You bit your child? WTH is wrong with you? It's called child abuse!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Your father was out of line. Period. I'd rethink letting my child around him if I were you. What he did to your son was wrong as well as calling you names. How childish of him. If it were me, he would no longer see my child.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009