OMG, our 8 y.o. caught us in the act, how do I/we explain it to him?

TMI, but luckily for us I was faced down and obviously my DH was on top. So, of course I pretended to sleep, and DH told him to go back to sleep. After like 5 min I went to check on him and to talk to him about what he saw (we're not sure how long he stared at us for). Well, he said he though I was dead the way daddy was jumping on top of me. Gosh... I told him, that no, I just needed a back massage and since my back was hurting really bad, I needed the massage to be extra 'hard'. And I told not to worry about mommy because if something would've happen to me, he'll be among the first ones to know.
But what if he brings it up again? What do I say? How do I explain it, w/out knowing how much he saw?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If he brings it up again, it will be because he didn't believe you.
    I'd head off the questions and schedule the first official "birds and bees" talk soon. There are lots of books for this age range to help you (or dad). You don't have to cover everything but remember that he is hearing stuff at school, hearing stuff from the older siblings of friends, hearing stuff on TV and in music, and that at least one girl in his class at school already has her period. By the end of this next school year, a couple of the girls may be wearing bras. He needs and deserves to know the truth about the stuff he sees and hears - and he needs to know that he can come to you with any questions and get real, honest answers.
    Remember, it's not one "talk". It's a lifetime of discussion. Dad can talk to him about the details if you prefer. But both of you can answer questions and both will teach him how to respect himself and girls.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i agree with kaycee 100%
    It's time for "the talk".
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2009