Torn

A female family member recently told me she had been having a sexual relationship with her ex's dad.She's 24,he's 46.It sounds like he slowly worked his way into her graces,it wasn't quick.She's been living there off and on since her mom threw her out.She calls him Dad[hers is a real loser].I'm just sick with this because on one hand I want to help her out,but she refuses to leave that family behind,she's addicted to them.I know if I let her move in here,she'll be running back there to her abuser.She won't stop taking his calls.She's scared of him,but then not.Should I help her or not? Insist on counseling as a term to be here? HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• She is in control of her life if she chooses to be. I would let her come to my home but with the stipulation that there is NO contact with her abuser. Otherwise she can go into a shelter where they will give her the same rule. does her ex know his dad is doing this? I'd be telling him. I'd also tell her about "date rape". If she didn't want to do it and he talked her into it is still a sexual assault. At the very least, sexual abuse. She has some decisions to make but has to cut the cord with him

Answer by admckenzie at 4:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• who abuses her? her ex or his dad? sorry i dont know if i keep reading it wrong
    Anonymous

• I am confused. I dont get the question. who is abusing her...
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• op here-the dad
    Anonymous

• if she wanted your help, she would ask, becareful about lettiing her come to stay she might screw your man, alot of women pretend to be so weak and infact they are not she wants to be with that old man let her do her stay out of it
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure who's abusing her? Is the new 46 yo boyfriend abusive toward her? Either way, it's very difficult to pull women away from their abusers. The abusive person is usually VERY manipulative and preys are on their weakness, reinforcing the victim's inability to survive without them. That's why these relationships go on for years. You can definitely suggest counseling, but she's going to have to want it. It can't be forced. And if she's in a real abusive situation, you can bet her abuser won't let her go.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 2:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2009