Can i just vent a little?

So DH is in the military, currently in Iraq. We were planning on TTC in July during his R&R. Well, my mom died. So of course our plans changed. I thought we'd wait 6-12 months. But apparently he wants to wait 2-5 years!? I'm a little pissed off. I already researched what i wanted to know about pregancy, labor, deliver ect ect. And i dont have any kids of my own. (for those that dont know, we're adopting my little brother 4yrs and DH has a son 3yrs. i care for both of them). i'm just so thrown off by his sudden change of heart. I mean, i know i'm young. i have plenty of time. i can wait 5 years and still only be 27 when i have my first. ...but i feel like a baby of our own would change the dynamics of our family in a positive way. I know we need to wait a while. I'm still grieving of course, and our family has changed so much already. ...but really. 2-5 YEARS!? ...i feel almost heartbroken.
What do you think, or want to say?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• When I got married my husband wanted kids immediately. I wanted to wait. Shortly after I changed my mind, and he decided he wanted to wait a few years or more. I was never going to force him into it, and it killed me to be waiting, especially when I saw everyone having kids, and asking why we weren't. Very frustrating., However almost 4 years has passed and we finally are working to have kids. It was a lot of patience, but now I think it will be way better. I would rather tell my hubby I'm pregnant and him be elated than mildly upset. (of course now, I'm having issues conceiving, but hey it's still fun trying) Not to mention our relationship is more solid and we had more time together. Like everyone said, tell him how you feel. Be honest, but also remember it's not just about you either. Find the middle, and you never know he might just be in a rut or something right now, and come out of it in a few months.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 7:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• well u need to let him know how u feel in a calm way lol and tell him that isnt just his decision but one u 2 need to make together
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 3:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I kinda know where your coming from. But i would definitely talk to him about it. But as far as you can, keep your stuff tracked! Your BBT, Your monthly friend (lol) and make sure your keeping yourself healthy. Maybe after a bit he may change his mind.
    mazomama

Answer by mazomama at 3:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2009