Since Public Assistace is a temporary service...What's the criteria for termination of this service?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• the termination of this service for cash or food stamps is when the family makes more than what they recieve in assistance they give u a credit like 450 for rent they subtract that from what u make then if u make more than what they have been giving u they terminate ur case( i was on it when my first daughter was born before i found a job)
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 2:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• We receive Medicaid services for our son ONLY while my husband and I were looking for a job. My husband got a job after 8 long months. Then the Medicaid was terminated.
    Anonymous

• I think when you no longer qualify financially, or two years, I think.

But some moms in some states say that they are SAHM's on it-so I don't know if it is the same everywhere. Apparently, some states allow people to NOT work while on it.
    Anonymous

• When they make too much or don't report changes, or lie to get it. I think that every mother should get at least 6 months to be with her baby. If the child is premature or disabled it should be at least 10 months. After that they should be looking for work, or going back to school. It is not right to take advatage of the system. I think that if we had better maternity leave in this country we would be better off. Did you know that in some countries they pay you as much as you make at your job for a year after you have a baby?
    Anonymous

• Did you know that in some countries they pay you as much as you make at your job for a year after you have a baby?

Is one of these countries German?
    Anonymous