Is hair *really* necessary for anything other than fashion?

Once upon a time we humans needed hair to stay warm. Now we have better clothing that can do that for us.

So is a bunch of hair just for fashion's sake, or is it still necessary?

I was thinking about this last night xD

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 2:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was thinking the opposite. Why should we bother shaving and all that just to be fashonable? We obviously are meant to have hair or we wouldn't still be growing it! :)
    Anonymous

• well seeing how we are born with it.. im sure its a good thing to have and its fun to have ..
    Anonymous

• anon. 2:17 but we are born with it because we USED TO need it to stay warm, os what do we need it for now/
    Anonymous

• Too true Anon :10, but it would be such a pain in the keester to shave it all off everyday.
    Also, when body hair was needed for warmth, it was a lot darker and thicker, similar to pelts. We have a lot less now than our former cave dwellers.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Protection from the sun. Even with all of my thick hair, my scalp burns along my part during the summer.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2009