How can I balance having a 2 1/2 years with a newborn??? Any advice please.

I say this because this I still feel weird, it was my first natural birth with my first child I had a c-section. Well besides that, I havent exactly gotten out of bed except to use bathroom, bath my 2 1/2 year old and newborn baby and wash dish and colthes but for nothing else and I do chores by one day yes and the other no. because I still feel my where I tore in my vagina and I hate that feeling and I am afriad of that. But I feel bad for my 2 1/2 year old because I havent exactly spend the time she deserves from me.
What or can I do?? Any advice will do, please and thank you!!!

Letty

Leilany1019

Asked by Leilany1019 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Buy some dermaplast or ask your doctor to get you some. It is a numbing spray that you can spray down there. Getting out of bed is best for you and your children. Honestly after having 5 stitches I was out of bed the same day walking around, and driving three days after having my baby. Maybe you are feeling a little PPD and that is keeping you in bed. Talk to your doctor.
    Anonymous

• sorry but wat is PPD??
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• post partum depression is ppd but it is normal i didnt have it with my first omg it was bad with my second...u have to make the effort to get out of bed and if u do feel a little down fresh air and sunshine helps go outside just in your yard with both new baby and 2 year old plus lots of fresh fruit and veggies helped me get rid of the baby blues good luck
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 2:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Thank you very much
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• if you're too afraid of getting out of bed from the stitches, invite your 2yo into the bed with you to watch a movie while daddy cares for the new baby. just remind her you have an "owwie" so she has to be careful. and get out & sit in the sun. you'll be alright. congratulations on your new baby!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Do you mind me asking....
    How old are you? Where is your mom? Are you married? His mom? Friends? Sometimes you have to ask a friend for a little help. Honey, everything you feel is normal. Being a mom, is a big deal. Everyone is right, getting up in the sunshine and out in the fresh air is good.
    It's hard, but, you can do it. Woman are strong and made for child birth. Your two year old is watching you... remember, they are what they see and live. You will be fine. God Bless you and your family.
    Anonymous