COOKIN DINNER WHILE BEATING THE HEAT!!

Ok so I live in Texas and it is pushing 102 and WOW hot as heck I want to know if you moms have some good ideas for dinners that don't require a lot of cooking with the stove or oven, by the time I get dinner cooked lately I feel so yuky I can't even enjoy what I have made and my family is getting tire of salads and sandwichs... I love to use the crock pot and have two so any help would be great...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'm having the same problem here. I made red beans and rice last yesterday and threw the beans in the crock pot.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You can make ANYTHING in the crock pot. Beef stew, spaghetti, chicken, etc. Just throw it all in there and go.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• CROCK POTS RULE u can make a roast just throw everything in there and leave it yeah!!
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 2:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Tonight is boiled cubes of chicken in my version of "dirty rice" (I use ketchup, pepper, soy sauce, and hot sauce).
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Maybe try a pressure cooker. They cook food very fast and with less energy or heat than longer cooking on the stove or oven. Tacos are easy and work as a hot weather meal. How about stuffed baked potatoes. When the weather is hot here, I tend to shop at the deli- I get salads galore and people can take their pick, I call it salad smorgasbord. potato salad, mac salad, cole slaw, cold baked beans, fruit salads, corn salad, three bean salad... whatever they have. No cooking, no heating up the house.

Answer by Bmat at 2:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I just make my dh bbq on the grill. LOL We also eat alot of sandwiches and salads.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Grill out. It doesn't have to be all sauced up. Add a salad and a grain like brown rice and add lemonade or iced tea. Chicken wings,drumsticks and even chicken breasts. sausage on the gril Steak on the Grill Sea food and even corn and potatoes and Peppers How about Turkey Club sandwiches and chips and pickles You can pick up a rotisserie chicken and just veggies. Hamburgers or Turkey burgers on the Grill You can make spaghetti with meat sauce and salad with dinner rolls or garlic bread Tuna salad sandwiches with french fries or open faced tuna or chicken salad on a bed of mixed lettuces. Submarine sandwiches and a cup of soup pot pie and salad with iced tea Fried Chicken and Potato salad

topaz7

Answer by topaz7 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• crockpot meals
    salads
    veggies with dips (hummus, salad dressing, etc.)
    veggie wraps
    parfaits with yogurt, cereal and frozen blueberries

Answer by rkoloms at 9:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2009