Crock Pot Cooking!

Hey are there any moms who have any good and easy crock pot recipes? I have a family of boys lol and they are always wanting a good dinner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• McCormick has crockpot packets in the seasoning isle, like where you would get taco seasoning. One of our favorites is the pulled pork. Buy the packet, it tells you what you need on the back. It says pork tenderloin, but we also use chicken, pork steaks, pork ribs, and i have done a roast to. You can serve it on any kind of bread or serve it on rice(especially if you do pork steaks). Also, my mom bought me a crockpot recipe book, I tried a meatball and gravy recipe, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. It's got a wide assortment of what you can do with your crockpot
    Cristen30

Answer by Cristen30 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I make beef stew in mine. Here's what I put in it:
    Beef Stew Meat
    Lima Beans
    Onions
    Carrots
    Potatoes
    Golden Mushroom Soup (u can't even taste it)
    3 Bay leaves
    Rosemary

Put it all in the crock pot and cook on low for about 6 hours
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I love the Crock Pot. You can cook as if you had been in the kitchen all day. Just add bread and a
    drink.
    I cook every type of roast or stew recipe in the crook pot. I even start some of my meals If I want to add to them later I do. In the winter sometimes I just want the meat to cook and I'll add the rice later. when I get home by making it on the stove.
    topaz7

Answer by topaz7 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I am in the crockpot group on here and they have a lot of recipes. I love the crock pot!!! I usually put everything in it at niht before bed and clean kitchen. I put the ceramic insert into the fridge, in the morning I see heating unit sitting on the counter and pop the ceramic unit in and turn it on. When I get home from work dinner is mostly ready (I may have to make noodles or something). I make roast, stroganoff, meatloaf, soups, chili, beef stew..all kinds of thing in the crock pot.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• There are at least two crockpot recipe exchange groups on cafe mom. I can list some of our favorites; feel free to contact me for recipes:
    Sloppy jojos (made with lentils)
    Italian stew
    Mediterranean Vegetable Stew with Poached Eggs
    Veggie stew with dumplings

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Throw some chicken thighs in there, frozen if you like, and dump a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce over it. Serve with corn and some white rice. You can use the BBQ sauce that cook in with the chicken as sauce for the rice. Or if you want a cream sauce, dump cream mush soup, or cream chicken soup. Add very little water. (The grease from the chicken will mix with the soup to make the gravy)

Put any cut of Beef in there. Dice some onions up. And add a can of cream mush soup and some water. Serve with cream potatoes.

Any roast with onions and some salt and pepper. Add carrots and potatoes too. If youwant a gravy, add a can of cream mush soup and a packet of Lipton onion mix for extra flavor if you dont have a real onion.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2009