If I ended things with my boyfriend , becaus eof the lack of trust in our relationship. ( I don't trust him) Do U think I would EVER find Someone I could trust

or will it just be the same old thing wherever I go?? My dream of a relationship that I would be happy in is to be with a guy who tells me what he is doing where hes going and I say "okay, Love you, Have fun" and thats it. I don't sit there wondering if its a lie if he is cheating or doing drugs or stealing from me, or being sneaky behind my back. I don't constatantly feel like I am being blind sided by a scandalous person. Is that so much to ask??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• If you're being honest about what you want, I think you can find it. If you really want more than that, then you're not going to find it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• amen.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Why do you not trust your boyfriend? Has he given you a reason not to trust him? Trust does have to be earned to a degree, but if he has never given you a reason not to trust him, the issue may be with you. If it is a problem you have then you will have to work on it in order to trust anyone.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• He has given me ALOT of reason not to trust him. He lies and hides everything, so I dont ever have any idea whats really going on. I cant stand it anymore, I want a real relationship and most of all I am just sick of being so UN happy! :(
    Anonymous

• It's possible, but you do have to be careful not to get stuck in the same situation again. There are a lot of very upstanding trustworthy guys out there, but you won't find them if you look for them in the same places and in the same ways you looked for men in the past. You also have to get to a point where you feel really good about yourself and know you deserve better. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Well, then it depends on how well you can move on from this relationship. Obviously you will have trust issues because of this, but if you are open and up front about your trust issues and why you have them with a new boyfriend the two of you should be able to work through them. But you have to remember that any future boyfriend is not this guy and they should not be "punished" with a huge lack of trust because of his screw-ups. It may be hard to let go of the reasons not to trust a new person, but to give a new relationship a real chance you will have to try to let the past be the past and let the new person prove his trustworthiness.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• check out all dudes in the future. don't just accept him at face value. There are free sites to check things out including county courthouse to see if he has a record. You'd be surprised to find out how many men fail to tell you that he's been arrested! Talk to friends and family and co workers who know him. Don't date him just bc he is cute and makes you feel swell. That's what many cheaters do to lure you in. Don't rush to move in with them either. Not all men are cheaters. Just take some time to find the right dude. He's out there.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I'm going to skew things a bit differently for you. Because you don't trust hi, you should end things in ANY event.

But YES, you WILL find someone you can trust.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009