Is it against any certain religion's views to watch horror movies?

I was just thinking about this. Yanno, blood and guts slasher-type flicks. It's one thing to not watch them because you don't like it, but it's another thing entirely to not watch them because it's against your beliefs.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 2:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't watch them bc I simply don't like them not bc of my religious beliefs...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• really who gives a crap...
    Anonymous

• Leave me alone, you fucking stalker. I can ask any question I want, thanks.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• whos a stalker?? this is the first question ive answered today wow what got up your butt lady
    Anonymous

• I think it is more of a personal choice for most people. There may be some churches we preach against it, but I think most of them leave it up to each individual person.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• spiritguide above is right, some churched might teach agianst it. But it really comes down to personal choice. But when you start having God in your life you start to change. Like ok I LOVE the underworld series, BUT when it comes to the violent scenes I start cringing and want outta there. So if anyone has a question such as should I really go watch blood bath of the dead out on theatres ask the holyspirit that is in you. It will tell you, now wethere you listen or not is your choice :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• This also comes down to polluting the temple of God. Everysingle person is his temple. So when we do drugs or get drunk or harm it in any way, that includes mentally then it;s pollution, you might as well throw your months trach inside the local church and not feel bad cause that's what it is considered doing. So not horror films but any form of bodily pollution. Agian this is conviction, if you don't feel thisi s a bad thing then ok. And I am not takling aignoring the still small voice. I am talking honest to your heart you're not ignoring anything, feel whatever your about to do is ok.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I remember growing up JW horror flicks were a huge no-no. I think the main reason is because of the violence and also many have demons, spirits, divination, ghosts, etc. But, I also remember being preached to repeatedly that no (JW) adult should watch any movie a child couldn't watch because if it was inappropriate for kids, adults shouldn't put it into thier minds either. So no R-rated movies period although, I don't think most in my congregation stuck to that, but, not sure.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 3:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It's against my personal convictions. (Psalm 101:3)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• hah you have an answer stalker.

hmm....for some that show a lot of paganistic approaches (note the movies idea of paganism..not real) or they show devilworship (not stanism..devil worship) i could see certain ppl being againt that.

personally I LOVE HORROR FLICKS
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2009