• In the Spotlight:

is spf 30 high enough for sun screen for a toddler.

if i reapply often.. and he is only out in the sun less then two hours.. or is that not high enough. thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I got coppertone spf 70 and it worked perfectly. I still had to apply it a couple of times, all they got was a light tan. Worked great
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I'd go with something higher, but my family is very fair-skinned.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Depends on the skin of your child, my fathers son is Mexican so my son is darker like him... I'm fair skinned and blonde and burn no matter what, he can wear basically nothing and not get an ounce of burn. You know your child best, picked something based on his skin and your/spouses ability to burn and go from there. Chances are if you're wondering if its strong enough, its not.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• and by my fathers son i meant my sons father...oops :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• We only use 30spf if anything.

This is a link to an article that I read awhile back. It may not be true, I don't take my kids out in the sun too often for too long. Why risk it?
    http://www.naturalnews.com/021903.html
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 2:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My son's pediatrician told me that after 30 SPF there is NO difference. You do have to follow the directions on the bottle and don't use after 1 year. In other words, use for 1 summer season only.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2009