Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax question...I'm looking into this early...

I live with my mom and go to school full time. I'm going to school under TANF so they will not allow me to get a job...if I do my they quit paying for school. So anyway, my mom basically supports me because you cannot survive on $400 a month. I was told she could claim me on taxes. Is this true? Would she recieve the tax credits for kids (for my daughter)?


Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (4)

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

  • Yes most likely. If she provides at least 50% of your support then yes she can, and probably your daughter also if she pays for her stuff.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

  • Good. I'd like to use that to pay on more school.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

  • You need to ask the IRS or another tax professional: 1-800-829-1040
    Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time)

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2009