What do you say????

So I found out that my grandfather is passing away...He is 83 and has had a wonderful life. He has been suffering from cancer and is now losing function of his kidney, he lost full function of one last year and has 20% of one left. He has been a devoted Christian but is scared and confused. He has been crying everyday and is having a hard time with this. He keeps saying that he's scared that he will have no where to go what if there is no God...I want to bring his spirits up but talking to him does not help, please give me some input...and prayers to keep him going for the remaining time he has.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• as long as he believes there is a god, he will be with god.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• If I were you I would just sit next to him and read him the scriptures. They will comfort him. I would also play some worship songs for him, that will minister to him.

And continue to pray. Death is naturally a scary thing. There is nothing wrong with being scared, just encourage him in the Lord and pray for him. It is my experience with my family members that the closer they get to the other side, the more they see angels and feel the pressence of God.

I am praying for him that just like Stephen saw heaven opened and Jesus sitting at the right hand of God, that he would see the Lord and feel His presence as He gets closer to eternity.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Psalms 23 it comfort my mother when she was passing away.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 2:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Allow him to express his feelings. Read Elizabeth Kubler Ross, The stages of death.ON Death And Dying.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• His tears are to be expected right now. I agree with writeon, read the book bu Elizabeth Kulbler Ross, On Death and Dying. It will help you, help him.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• IF HE IS CLOSE with his church might help to talk to the pastor
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Calm him down, read him passages of God's love and promises to us. Satan is making his last attempt on this man's soul. I put this quote I foud the other day on all my website.
    I would rather believein God, die and fidn out I'm wrong. Then not believe in God, die and find out I'm wrong.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009