Are you good?

What do you think makes you a good wife? What do you do that keeps your husband happy? ORRR are you a bad wife? why are you a bad wife?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't feel like I am a good wife. But I do have VERY low self esteem among other issues.
    My husband tells me often that I am a good wife and mother, but I just don't see it.
    Imagine, if you will, a woman that sits at her laptop most of the day, still in her pajamas. Now, move about the house, entering the kitchen and notice how there are a few dirty dishes on the counter and the floor needs sweeping. Hey! That's my house.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 2:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I don't always feel good about myself as a person, but feel good about how I mother my girls. As a SAHM I have always put them and my DH ahead of myself. I also take care of my elderly parents. Making sure their day to day needs are taken care of. So As a wife and mother I guess I'm pretty good. Just wish I felt it!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Yes, Im good. But hubby needs to feel he is good to for you to know your good. As a wife your mans pride is something that will help keep the family balanced.

A broken man can break a wife and family.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I see myself as a good wife. I have been and always will be loving, loyal, and dedicated to my Husband. I respect him, admire him, and accept him for who he is and who he is meant to become. I honor him. I appreciate him for all he does for me and our family.

I don't believe "being a good wife" really has much to do with how well you keep your household as it has to do with how much emotional support you give to your man.

Anyone can clean and cook...but it takes a "good wife" to really, truly, deeply love her husband. To give of herself to him...and ONLY him! This would make a guy a VERY happy husband!! A tidy home, home cooked meals, and the like are a bonus!
    momneedscoffee

Answer by momneedscoffee at 2:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• NOT true (f em, feed em and let them take naps). It's funny but not a valid statement. According to Why Men Cheat it's about how they are treated and how they need their emotional needs (just like we women do) met. So according to the cheating men in the study the book was based on they want to feel like they are king of their castle and appreciated for what they do not nagged at for what they don't do. So a good wife (using the premise of why they cheat) would make a man feel like he rocks her world even if he doesn't help diaper the baby, take out the trash, do laundry, cook the meals and all other things women here seem to gripe their man doesn't do for them. A good wife is grateful for what her man gives her ....himself. (don't shoot the messenger, just go read the book)

Answer by admckenzie at 3:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• does he smile..is he happy....is he fulfilled.

if you answered yes, your a good wife
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• things that make him happy:

cookinh
    lots of oral sex & a free pass to the rear door
    he likes that i listen good
    he loves that i have a passion, other than him
    he loves that i am very affectionate with him
    he loves when i try to look good for him (even though he tells me i don't need makeup)
    He loves my motherly nature
    He loves that i'm very natural, in many different aspects
    He loves that i am totally different from any other woman
    he loves that we are best friends & not just partners

Notice cleaning is not on there....lol! That's HIS job & he is DARN good at it!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• have relations
    feed him
    clean
    go kinky
    that usually keeps them
    Anonymous

• Always give your husband the benefit of the doubt. Don't be easily offended. Cherish him. Respect him. Let him know you're attracted to him. Let him lead the family. Do your share and let him do his share.
    2bennettmom

Answer by 2bennettmom at 1:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2009