Does anyone have any ideas of at home jobs or part time jobs that would allow me to stay home with my son?

I currently am working full time and it is killing me to be away from my son all day. I have been trying to figure out something that I cold do that would bring in some money, but at the same time allow me to stay home with my son. Does anyone have any ideas??
Thank you all for your help.

Steph12906

Asked by Steph12906 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• www.freedomathometeam.com/clanders
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Avon or Mary Kay. My sister did Mary Kay while she was on maternity leave because she wasn't getting paid.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Before buying or selling any skin care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2009