decreased fetal movement during 2nd trimester?

i have felt my lil man moving around since about 15 weeks, & pretty active movements at that. the last few weeks he has become stronger, & i would feel him several times a day. i am now almost 22 weeks & the last 2 days the movements have become less & less. it has gotten to the point were i barely even feel what i think is a wiggle, but i can't tell if its even him or not. is it normal for decreased movement so soon? also, should i be worried i am not feeling him as much lately, or just give him some time?? i've tried sugary drinks & laying on my left side (which before would've made him wiggle & kick non-stop) but even then i can't tell if he's moving or not...any advice?

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• As baby gets bigger, it's normal to feel it less or for the movements to feel different since there's less room to move. However, that's usually in the third trimester. I'd suggest calling your Dr. and see what they say. They might have you lie still and count the number of movements you feel in an hour. On many of these boards, they say you should feel 10 movements in an hour. My dr. said that if I feel nothing in 12 hours I should be concerned. Just check in with your doc - that's what he's there for.
    lb304

Answer by lb304 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009