They just DON'T get it!!

I think we all have it --- at least one thing that we do/don't do that causes other people to give you that "WTF is wrong with you?!?" look.

I have a laundry list of them --- they seem strange to some, but are perfectly normal to me: don't circ, don't vax, tattoos, homeschool, have a pitbull, have a very (some would say -un)healthy obsession with NKOTB LOL (yes, I'm a dork, but I'm a HAPPY dork!!) .... I could go on....

What are some of yours?... and how do you deal with the criticism or instances where someone crosses the line with your decisions for yourself & your family?

Laura1229

Asked by Laura1229 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Believe in myself. Took me years of life experience.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i breastfed my kids, that was a big no no in my SO's family. i am choosing to raise them to be independent, even at 3 and 1 year old, i dont "play" with them or cater to them 24/7 they have time to play bythem selves and learn as they wish.

what is NKOTB?
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• NKOTB Rocks! Saw their concert! HOT HOT HOT!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i select and delay vaccines, i want to do a homebirth, extended breastfeeding, cant wait for DH and i to get our first tattoo. I also love pitbulls, i eat mostly organic and try not to let my children have too much stuff with high fructose corn syrup (this means no soda, no capruis suns ect) . I clean my house with baking soda and vinegar. I dont use shampoo to wash my hair (i get some really funny looks for that. lol)
    hmmm. i could go on and on.

i just keep listing facts and how i came to my conclusions until they finally dont want to hear any more and dont ask me any more quesitons. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• "what is NKOTB?"

Flash back to the late 80's..... ...... "please don't go giiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll" ??

Ring any bells? LOL

My family has been considering an intervention for a while now. One of them signed my arm in March.... it's now permanent. My husband was just *thrilled* lol (naa, he was okay with it --- actually set up the appt for me)

I leave out before dawn on Tuesday (I live near Houston) headed to St. Louis, Memphis, & Wichita for shows.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I'm trying to get my ds away from caprisun. I make kool aid with splenda. I encourage water here in Florida, need to stay hydrated. We have citrus trees in the backyard.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• it means new kids on the block (nkotb)
    Anonymous

• I'm a no vax parent also- You get crap everytime it comes up. I also work at a hospital- so for the sake of my job, i keep it to myself. if someone asks, then I'll tell them. Its kind of like the don't ask, don't tell thing. Its just easier that way. i get a little tired of stating my reasons over and over again. I might as well just make a form that I can hand them and leave it at that. I'm sure theres others but can't think of them now- I'll be back.
    casd

Answer by casd at 3:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• the New Kids On The Block started in the 90's
    Anonymous

• 1984-1985: Early years
    In the early 1980s, Maurice Starr discovered R&B/Pop quintet (later sextet) New Edition and guided their early success. After breaking ties with them, Starr and his business partner, Mary Alford, sought to create a white counterpart act. Auditions were held around Boston, at which some five hundred teenaged boys auditioned. Among them was 15-year-old Donnie Wahlberg, who immediately impressed Starr and Alford by his rapping skills, dancing ability and showmanship, becoming the group's first member. Wahlberg assisted in helping to recruit other members. Among them were his younger brother Mark, and his best friend Danny Wood. He also coaxed one-time schoolmate Jordan Knight, who sang an exceptional falsetto, into auditioning for Starr as well. Upon Knight's passing the audition, his older brother Jonathan (also possessing a strong singing voice) was accepted into the group as well.[3]

Anonymous