i need some damn answers LOl sorry (:

Okay so can you be Pregnant , and take a test and have it be negative.. and there is no one on here that has had the iud and gotten pregnant with it ??? some people say ya and no i am just sooo LOST

Mrslarson06

Asked by Mrslarson06 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YES you can take HPTs that come out negative. I had 2 say negative when I was pregnant.

Can't help you with the IUD question though, never had it so I don't know.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Yes you can take a HPT and get a negative and really be pregnant just make sure that when you take the HPT you take it with your first pee of the day.
    SammiTaylorTM

Answer by SammiTaylorTM at 2:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my mother got pregnant with me while on the IUD, i've heard other similar stories as well...it's usually caused by it moving out of place. if you're concerned about it you can have it checked by your doctor.

also, HPTs can come back negative as far into a pregnancy as 20weeks just because of the potency of the hormone verses the potency of the test. that & they do have a false negative rate of like 2%, & that's if it's used correctly (which in most cases they arent for some reason). the best test is a blood test from your doctor.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i Just wanted to Say thank you all for those answers they where GREAT .. so i can be prego and not know it .. i feel lil sick and lite headed . and Only at night time i get a bad headache and get really sick ... i took a test yesterday and it was negative GRRR i wish i knew some thing .. i cant go to the docs yet i am waiting on my insurance
    Mrslarson06

Answer by Mrslarson06 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Yes, false negatives happen ALL THE TIME! I had 4 with my first pregnancy and 1 with my second pregnancy! And yes, you can get pregnant on the IUD but it is an increased chance of a tubal pregnancy (pregnancies are more likely to be ectopic with IUD's) so you will want to get medical attention ASAP if get a positive. How late were you when you last tested? Ectopic pregnancies will cause a degrees in the HCG hormone and will be harder to pick up on a HPT
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• im the same way like you girl always getting neg...............
    callmecrazy722

Answer by callmecrazy722 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2009