increased heartbeat at 26 weeks...i need advice =/

is this normal? im 26 weeks today, and i have been feelin "off" today...getting kind of light headed (really jsut my vision is a little off) like when you stand up too fast...i have to continuously keep blinking to straighten out my eyes! nothing has happened like this until today! my pulse is THROUGH THE ROOF, but maybe its normal to be higher when your pregnant? Ive been laying around all day, and it feels as if i just ran 5 miles im so exhausted...anyone go through this too? im just concerned

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 2:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call your doctor & explain it to them. how is your blood pressure?? are you experiencing any sudden swelling?? i know vision changes can be a sign of blood pressure problems, which can be linked to preeclampsia. just take it easy, put your feet up, & call your doctor. if you can't get ahold of your doctor, & the vision continues for even an hour more, i'd suggest a trip to urgent care or the ER to get checked out. always better safe than sorry. =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I agree, those can be signs of preeclampsia...and you are almost in the 3rd trimester so those are things to be looking out for too, but could be normal for you also. Do you have a way to check your blood pressure? I would at least put in a call to your Dr and see what they think.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my blood pressure was 126/58 and pulse was 98...i guess im normal!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 4:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2009