how many of you were told around a 30week ultrasound that your baby would probably be large and they were wrong..........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hmm dunno yet with mine but I was told at my 30 week U/S that the baby was a full pd bigger than he should be. Made me feel better bc he was at risk for low birth weight! Guess i'll have to wait and see in a couple weeks! :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I know COUNTLESS women who were told their babies were HUGE and the doctors were WRONG.
    It is just a tactic they use to get you "worried" about labor and birth, so they can try to talk you into EARLY INDUCTION. or even a C-Section.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't worry too much. You'll be fine. :] As long as your babies not a 11-12 pounder, you'll be able to have them just fine!
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• They didn't tell me she'd be large, but they incorrectly estimated she'd be about 7.5 lbs. and she was only 6.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• *raises hand*
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 4:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• many women are told that they have "big babies" and need to be induced or have a c/s. and 95% of the time they were wrong about the weight.
    there is no such thing as having a baby "too big". women have had 11-12 pound babies vaginally. your body adjusts to it and stretches however much it needs too.
    dr's are very quick to induce or schedule a c/s.
    http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/reasons-to-induce-labor.html
    this website gives the best and worst reasons for inducing, "big baby" is a worst reason.
    Anonymous

• My doctor honestly thought I was going to have between a 9 and 10 pound baby.. she was only 7.3lbs at birth.. I opted for a c-section but that is because I was almost 43 weeks and could barely walk from hip pain and would not progress, she never dropped.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 8:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• honey i was told with my first i was having a 11 pound baby.they induced me at 39 weeks and i regret it to this day.i was sick my daughter was sick because of it and i wasn't allowed to see her for 5 hours.If i can help it i will never do it again.of by the way she was only 7lbs 2ounces and19 1/2 inches long.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 9:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009