Who didn't see the Gov. affair announcement coming?!?

So the SC Gov. announced today that yes, he was in Argentina and it was because he had to see his lover. Can you believe this man? He tells his wife before father's day that he needed to get away from his kids and his life. He left and told people he was going hiking. Then he said actually he was in Argentina driving the country side. I told my husband that HAD to be a lie. I said noone sneaks away from their office suddenly unless they have something (someone) going on that they need to see (do?) right away!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think political leaders should be held to a higher moral standard, and if they cheat, they should be kicked out of office, I don't care WHAT their party affiliation is!!! ( I'm a Republican, BTW) I think even if Governor Sanford hadn't admitted to having an affair, his traipsing off out of the country for several days without telling anyone and being out of reach, should be enough of a reason for impeachment!! That's just totally irresponsible.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Ohwell obviously not many honor their vows anymore nor have any morals or self control.Alot are even proud of that and call anyone who has morals and values "prudes."
    Anonymous

• I feel sorry for his family. He should step down ,like New York Governor Spitzer did.
    Anonymous

• What the hell is wrong with these politicians?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

Its not just politicians. It's people in genreal and i don't think someones personal life should affect their job.
    Anonymous

• It's sad for many reasons but the most it shows how little marriage means these days. With half of all marriages ending in divorce it isn't only politicians who do it. They just get it splashed all over TV. I say it's out now, shut up and go on. The guy and his family need to work it out however they may. Of course that will never happen. All the righteous people will start giving their opinions and the politicians and pundits will blast him for weeks. How many of them are doing th same? It's all sick I think.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• The only people who didn't see it are those who thought it was a "Democratic-created smear campaign against Gov Sanford to keep him running for Pres" and that it was okay for someone to just abdicate their job completely.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• What's up with the "family values" crowd and not being able to keep it in their pants?
    Anonymous

• I agree with lilmami81.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 3:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Ditto lilmami81. I just read that answer, she basically scolded everyone for thinking exactly what happened. LOL.

Also ditto Anon :16.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2009