is it weird to give your child a massage?

my son is a toddler and i gave him infant massage was he was very small.. and i use to be a massage therapist a long time ago.. but i was wondering at a certain point does this become weird.. i feel that massage is great for bonding aniexty, temper tantrum, better sleep; increased blood flow to the brain.. after the bath ive started to give him slighty deep tissue massage on his arms and shoulders with baby lotion.. is this weird..i just think that a daily massage might help keep him a little more heathy.. thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Is it weird to pay some stranger to give you a massage? No...so why would it be weird to give your child a massage?
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• No, I dont think its weird at all!!! I do think it helps them, especially with relaxing and releasing tension, its great!

Both of my kids like for me to scratch their backs....I do it all the time.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My kids are 13 and 17 and when they need one I give them massages. I also did infant massages on them as well. Helps them both and I love being able to "love on and touch" my kids without it being so OBVIOUS..*laughs*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i dont think it's weird at all. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Perfectly fine, If they no longer like it it is time to stop. Until then I think it is great for their little bodies.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I give mine massages as they need them. When my older nephew is going through some big growth spirts his leg muscles would be so sour...

So no, I don't think its weird.
    mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It's great! I didn't start early enough and mine is too tickleish now.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Both my girls love them! My youngest (21½), who is the mother of my only grandchild, will come in the house, get her baby comfortable and lay right down for her massage! She just knows all she has to do is go "mmmmmm, mmmmmm" (to let me know she's enjoying it!) and I can keep it up forever!

kmhmom999

Answer by kmhmom999 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I wish you were my mom. I do little massages on my son after a bath and before bed to help him relax. He is 10 months and he really likes when I tickle his back lightly, it makes him calm down and fall asleep.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• not at all! touch is therapeutic and wonderful for bonding.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2009